Handling of Personal Information of Customers The governing language of this statement shall be Japanese.
1.Definition of Personal Information
"Personal Information" in this Policy refers to information that can help identify specific individuals as defined by the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information," including but not limited to the name, age, telephone number, email address, address and employer of an individual as well as information on products or services purchased by an individual, information on inquiries made by an individual and ID numbers.
2.Basic Policy on Personal Information Management
- OMRON will collect, obtain, use and provide Personal Information in an appropriate manner.
- OMRON will do its utmost to ensure that personal data is accurate and up-to-date.
- OMRON will take necessary and appropriate measures to manage personal data including protecting personal data against unauthorized access, loss, leak and damage.
- OMRON will comply with laws, regulations and related guidelines as well as internal rules on Personal Information.
- When contracting the handling of personal data to a third party, OMRON will only entrust to a contractor who meets the requirements based on OMRON's internal rules. OMRON will manage such contractors in an appropriate manner.
- OMRON will continue to try improving protection of Personal Information.
3.Name, Address and Representative of Business Operator Handling Personal Information
* For the business operator's address and the name of the representative, please see the Basic Corporate Information page.
4.Purpose of Use of Personal Information
OMRON will ensure that, in the process of providing its products and services, it will obtain Personal Information necessary to carry out its business through the OMRON business entities (as described in 4(1) below) for the purposes of use (as described in 4(2) below), and that it will handle Personal Information within the scope of the purposes.
For details regarding the purpose of use of Personal Information by each OMRON business entity, please go to the website of the respective business entity. (For links to the websites of each business entity, please see "10. Contact for Inquiries, Requests for Disclosure Such as for Scope of Joint Users, and Submitting Claims/Complaints" below.
- OMRON's Businesses
- Planning, development, manufacturing, sales, installation and maintenance of machines, equipment and software.
- Information communication and information processing services.
- Collecting, analyzing and providing information on themes relating to people, culture, lifestyle and health. Managing and operating sports and cultural facilities.
- Planning and producing advertisements and acting as an advertising agent. Temporary staffing services, for-fee job placement services, leasing business, non-life insurance agency business, credit card business, freight services, security services, construction business and real estate management services.
- Sales of foods, beverages and general merchandises.
- Purposes of Use of Personal Information
- Executing and implementing the following behaviors with regard to customers and partners and relating to the products and services that OMRON, OMRON Group companies and partners handle ("Products, etc.") and their business activities, as well as recording and management thereof.
- Providing, distributing, delivering and installing Products, etc.
- User/member registration for Products, etc.
- Servicing and maintenance for Products, etc., such as after-sales service during the quality guarantee period as well as repair of Products, etc.
- Issuing notices of recall and/or defects of Products, etc., and handling responses to them.
- Issuing notices regarding business transactions and business talks and performing contracts and other agreements.
- Collecting payments and issuing refunds.
- Planning, research, development, manufacturing and sales of Products, etc., as well as improvement of quality, surveys, requests and analyses regarding Products, etc.
- Providing and distributing information, holding events and offering services relating to Products, etc., as shown below, and accompanying management.
- Email magazines, direct mail, notices and advertisements.
- Brochures, digital media, other materials and samples of Products, etc.
- Campaigns, exhibitions, seminars and other events (including a drawing to select winners and sending giveaways, rewards, etc.).
- Version updating services.
OMRON may share and make joint use of Personal Information as shown below.
- Items of Personal Information subject to joint use
Name, address, placement of employment and image of an individual as well as information regarding products and services purchased by an individual, etc.
- Scope of joint users
OMRON Group companies, joint research partners, dealers, distributors, agents, etc.
- Purposes of use
OMRON shares and makes joint use of Personal Information within the purposes described in "4. Purpose of Use of Personal Information."
- Name, address, representative, etc., of the company responsible for managing personal data
OMRON is responsible for managing personal data to be jointly used. For the address and representative of OMRON, please see "3. Name, Address and Representative of Business Operator Handling Personal Information" above.
When an OMRON business entity shares and uses personal data jointly with third parties, the Personal Information items required for fulfilling the purpose of joint use, scope of joint users, and purposes of use by joint users, and the party responsible for the management of Personal Information will be disclosed on the website of the said business entity. (Links to the websites of each business entity are listed in 10 below).
When an OMRON business entity shares personal data with a third party in a foreign country, information regarding the personal data management system obligated for the said third party to implement, the name of the country to which information is provided and other related information will be posted on the said business entity's website or inquiries thereof will be accepted.
6.Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
OMRON will not disclose or provide personal data to third parties without consent of the Persons in Question, except in the following cases. However, if personal data is provided to third parties in foreign countries, even in the case of (5), (6) and (7) below, personal data will not be disclosed or provided to the third party unless the consent of the Persons in Question is obtained in advance, except in cases where procedures are prescribed in laws and regulations.
- When required by laws and regulations.
- When necessary to protect the life, well-being or property of the Persons in Question, and when it is difficult to obtain their consent.
- When necessary, particularly for improving public health or promoting healthy growth of children, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Persons in Question.
- When necessary to provide cooperation to national agencies, municipalities or entities which are entrusted by such governmental organizations in the performance of their tasks as required by laws and regulations, and when obtaining consent from the Persons in Question can hinder the proper execution of such tasks.
- When contracting out a part of or the entire operations to a contractor in the interest of facilitating smooth operations.
In this case, OMRON will conclude an agreement with the contractor on the handling and protecting of Personal Information and manage such information in an appropriate manner. When an OMRON business entity shares Personal Information with a contractor in a foreign country, information regarding the personal data management system obligated for the said contractor to implement, the name of the country to which information is provided and other related information will be posted on the said business entity's website or inquiries thereof will be accepted.
- When Personal Information is jointly used as described in "5. Joint Use" above.
- When a business is transferred or taken over.
7.Management Measures to Keep Personal Data Safe
OMRON will take necessary and appropriate measures to manage personal data by strictly protecting it against leakage, loss and damage. Regarding the disposal of personal data, OMRON will specify the period for keeping personal data depending on the purpose of use, and will discard it according to an appropriate method once the purpose of use has been fulfilled. OMRON will also conduct necessary and appropriate oversight in order to supervise employees and personnel of contractors (including secondary contractors) who handle personal data.
8.Procedures Concerning Requests for Disclosure, etc.
OMRON will promptly respond to requests, within a reasonable scope, for disclosure of stored personal data, revision, addition or deletion of the contents, suspension of use or deletion of such data ("Request for Disclosure, etc."). The procedures for such requests are as follows, provided, however, that the procedure separately described in each OMRON business entity's website, if provided, takes precedence. (Please see 10 below for links to the websites of each OMRON business entity.)
- Where to Submit Requests for Disclosure, etc.
When submitting a "Request for Disclosure, etc.," in the case of the Industrial Automation and Electronic Components businesses, submit the "Request for Disclosure, etc." to the contact described in each business entity's website. In the case of other business organizations, please download the relative request form below and submit it to the contact described in the request form.
- Documents (Forms) to Be Submitted with a "Request for Disclosure, etc."
When submitting a "Request for Disclosure, etc.", please download the request form (a) below and fill in all the spaces provided. Please also submit the ID documents described in (b) below to the contact described in the request form (a).
- Request form prescribed by OMRON
- ID document
One of the following documents:
- Copy of driver's license
- Copy of passport
- Copy of health insurance card
- Copy of alien registration card
- Copy of residence card (when a request form is sent by post)
- Copy of transcript of family register of the Person in Question
- Copy of extract of family register
- Copy of certificate of registered matters
- Copy of certificate of commencement of guardianship
- Copy of power of attorney (affixed with a registered seal)
- Copy of seal registration certificate for the seal affixed on power of attorney (seal of the Person in Question)
- Documents verifying the agent's qualification (Registration number, seal registration certificate for an official seal)
- Replies to Requests for Disclosure, etc.
A reply will be made according to the method described on the respective request form.
9. When a Request for Disclosure, etc., Cannot Be Granted:
A Request for Disclosure, etc. will not be granted when laws and regulations present the grounds or when there are flaws in the information presented in accordance with 8 above.
10. Contact for Inquiries, Requests for Disclosure Such as for Scope of Joint Users, and Submitting Claims/Complaints
For inquiries regarding each business, please find the link below:
For inquiries other than above, or when you are unaware of the business division concerned, please direct your inquiries to the following link.