The story of OMRON’s founder KAZUMA TATEISI
Ninety Years of Driving Innovation
Over the course of his lifetime, OMRON founder Kazuma Tateisi turned a small relay factory into OMRON, a leader in technology. An inventor and innovator, Mr. Tateisi was committed to monozukuri, the art of making things, and to effective business management.
This short biography, presented in six parts, includes photographs and video footage of each stage in Mr. Tateisi's life.
- Part 1: The Early Years
- Part 2: Initial Accomplishments and the Path to Automation
- Part 3: OMRON's First World-first: The Non-contact (Solid State) Switch
- Part 4: Establishment of the Central R&D Laboratory and the Cybernation Revolution
- Part 5: "Health Engineering" and a Focus on Sustainability
- Part 6: Fighting Big Business Syndrome and Mr. Tateisi's Legacy