Fraudulent Email Alert
Statement on Fraudulent Email
OMRON Corporation has recently learned that fraudulent email bearing OMRON's name and the names of our executives has been sent to numerous email addresses. The email claims to offer employment processing international payments and may include 'Work With Us' or 'ATTN: JOB OFFER BASED ON MUTUAL BENEFITS' in the subject line. Although the email appears to come from OMRON, bearing the company's address and a link to our official website, OMRON is in no way involved in the distribution of this email.
If you suspect you have received a fraudulent email, please do not respond to it. We recommend that you mark it as spam or delete it.
Learn some general tips for identifying and avoiding fraudulent email.
See an example of previously reported fraudulent email.
General Tips for Identifying and Avoiding Fraudulent Email
Fraudulent email may look legitimate, but the following tips will help you identify it:
- Legitimate businesses will never ask you for sensitive personal information such as passwords, bank account or credit card numbers, PINs or Social Security numbers via e-mail.
- Companies you do business with will confirm your relationship by referencing a partial account number, the code for a position you applied for or a recent transaction such as a purchase or merchandise return.
- Be suspicious of email from unfamiliar sources that does not address you by name.
- Spelling and grammatical errors often indicate that an email is fraudulent.
- The following types of email should be viewed with suspicion:
- Requests for assistance with funds transfers
- Payment acknowledgments or order confirmations for something you have not purchased
- Announcements of lottery/ jackpot/ competition winnings
- Announcements of problems with your account, including online banking errors and impending account suspension
We recommend that individuals take the following steps to avoid fraudulent email:
- Do not respond to email requesting sensitive information.
- Do not open attachments or download files you receive from an unfamiliar source.
- Do not click on links provided in e-mails. If you are uncertain about a website address that appears in an email, enter the legitimate address manually in your browser's URL bar. Fraudulent email often directs recipients to sites that look authentic but are not.
- Secure your computer by using updated anti-virus and anti-spam software and installing personal firewalls and security updates for your operating system/ browser.
- Review your credit card and bank statements regularly to check for errors and unauthorized transactions.
- Report suspicious e-mails to the legitimate company and to your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Example of Previously Reported Fraudulent Email
We are a big firm engaged in export of goods to overseas. We have won various big exports contract at one time or the other, recently we were (engaged) contracted to supply financial programs for market analyzing, management project software in Germany and Australia which was successfully done.
Unfortunately we have faced some difficulties while receiving payment for our software in our country as need 10-30 days to get a payment from your country. We do not have so much time to accept wire transfers and can't accept cashiers checks and money orders as well. So we need your help to accept this payments in your country faster.
If you are looking to make additional profit we will accept you as our representative in your country. You will keep 10% of each deal/transaction we conduct. We plan to forward our merchandise in exchange of wire transfers and check payments. Your part is very important accept funds and forward it to us after you might have deducted your 10% salary and every other taxes taken on our behalf. It is not a fulltime work but a very convenient and fast additional income. Being our agent may grow into future branch opening in your area if you are interested and the business will be on up and up. Subject to your satisfaction you will be given the opportunity to negotiate your mode of which we will pay for your services as our representative in Canada/America and Europe.
- Receive payment from Clients
- Cash Payments at your Bank
- Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.
- Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to(Payment is to be forwarded either by Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer).
- ou must be 18 years and above.
- Legally capable
- Ready to work 3-4 hours per week.
- With Computer knowledge
- E-mail and internet experience (minimal)
We therefore solicit your assistance to help remit this money ,To facilitate this transaction if you deem you would be able to undertake this task for the company, I would want you to submit to us via mail
to " email@example.com "
following information which includes;
- Your Full Name as it would appear on your resume
- Your Qualification
- Your Full Contact Address (House Address, City,State,Zip Code)
- Telephone number/Fax
- Your present Occupation and Position presently held
- Your Age
- Do you have a company? if yes the name.
- Marital status
And please know that Everything is absolutely legal,that's why You have to fill our employment form which will be forwarded to you if interested.
If you are interested in our offer, please reply immediately so that we can start commense payments agent/repesentative process.Thanks for your anticipated action.And we hope to hear from you.
Mr. John Doe
OMRON Corporation Japan