Notice Regarding the Effects of the Central Tottori Earthquake on Our Business Operations #6
November 9, 2016
First of all, we would like to send our thoughts and prayers to everyone who has suffered damage due to the earthquake that struck central Tottori Prefecture. We sincerely hope that the affected area will make the fastest possible recovery.
Soon after the occurrence of the Tottori earthquake on October 21, we set up an Emergency command center charged with gathering information and taking necessary measures. The effects of the earthquake on our business operations at this point in time (November 9, 17:30) are as follows:
- The OMRON Group's main business locations in the affected area
- OMRON Switch & Devices Corporation (OES) Kurayoshi Office (Kurayoshi City)
- OMRON Field Engineering Co., Ltd. Sanin Techno Center (Tottori City, Kurayoshi City and Matsue City)
- Effects on OMRON's business operations
- Production at our (OES) Kurayoshi Office is being conducted as usual as of November 1, except for a portion of our products produced with the restoration of our (OES) Okayama Office.
- Our (OES) Okayama Office started up its production lines, conducted product assurance measures, and began full restart of production of a portion of our vibration components and pressure sensors by November 9.