Notice Regarding the Effects of the Central Tottori Earthquake on Our Business Operations #4
Octorber 28, 2016
First of all, we would like to send our thoughts and prayers to everyone who has suffered damage due to the earthquake that struck central Tottori Prefecture. We sincerely hope that the affected area will make the fastest possible recovery.
Soon after the occurrence of the Tottori earthquake on October 21, we set up an Emergency command center charged with gathering information and taking necessary measures. The effects of the earthquake on our business operations at this point in time (October 28, 08:00) are as follows:
- The OMRON Group's main business locations in the affected area
- OMRON Switch & Devices Corporation (OES) Kurayoshi Office (Kurayoshi City)
- OMRON Field Engineering Co., Ltd. Sanin Techno Center (Tottori City, Kurayoshi City and Matsue City)
- Effects on OMRON's business operations
- As of October 24, we began mass production of products in stages after conducting safety assurance measures, checking production equipment, and confirming product quality. Except for production of a portion of our products, we expect our OES Kurayoshi Office to be fully recovered by November 1.
- As a result of discussing our restoration plan, our OES Okayama Office plans to restart production of a portion of our vibration components and pressure sensors by mid-November.
- With regard to our supply chains, including suppliers, partner companies, and other entities, nothing has occurred that has affected our operations.