Notice Regarding the Effects of the Central Tottori Earthquake on Our Business Operations #1
Octorber 21, 2016
First of all, we would like to send our thoughts and prayers to everyone who has suffered damage due to the earthquake that struck central Tottori Prefecture. We sincerely hope that the affected area will make the fastest possible recovery.
Soon after the occurrence of the Tottori earthquake on October 21, we set up an Emergency command center charged with gathering information and taking necessary measures. The effects of the earthquake on our business operations at this point in time (October 21, 18:00) are as follows:
- The OMRON Group's main business locations in the affected area
- OMRON Switch & Devices Corporation Kurayoshi Office (Kurayoshi City)
- OMRON Field Engineering Co., Ltd. Sanin Techno Center (Tottori City, Kurayoshi City and Matsue City)
- Effects on OMRON's business operations
- Our initial confirmation of employee safety has revealed no serious injuries or other major casualties among OMRON Group employees at this point in time.
- We are currently assessing the safety of buildings and the effects of the earthquake on our production facilities and equipment.
- Conditions of OMRON's supply chains including our suppliers and partners
- We are currently investigating the extent of the damage sustained by our overall supply chains.
We will pay close attention to further developments, such as aftershocks, and we will strive to gather information with the prime focus on the safety of OMRON Group employees.