Notice Concerning the impact on our business of the Kumamoto Earthquake #5
April 21, 2016
First and foremost, we offer our deepest sympathy for the affected by the Kumamoto Earthquake and condolences to those who have lost loved ones. Our hopes and prayers for swift recovery go out to all affected in the region.
OMRON Group established an emergency command center immediately following the initial shocks on the evening of April 14 in order to collect and relay information relative to our employees, suppliers and customers' concerns and the effect on our company's operations.
Regarding the latter, we wish to inform the following as of April 21 at 12:00.
- Regarding damage to our production facilities.
- OMRON RELAY & DEVICES Corporation at Yamaga:
- At this time, we have no damage to our production facilities.
- During the 18th after confirming output quality, we resumed some production. As of today, 20th, we resumed normal production.
- OMRON ASO Corporation at Aso City
- The condition of the power supply and nearby transportation infrastructure has improved and we finished inspection of output quality on the 20th.
- Although we had intended to resume operation on the 21st, after considering the heavy rains and evacuation advisories, we have closed the facility on that day for the safety of our staff. Upon further monitoring of the forecast and advice of the authorities, we will resume operation on the 22nd or later as needed.
- Other locations (offices, sales offices, etc.)
- Through the 21st, we will continue to confirm that working conditions will be safe for our employees.
- Regarding our suppliers and supply chain:
- The condition and status of our entire supply chain is also being checked. This includes assessing the impact on any supplier who may have sustained critical damage.