Notice Concerning the impact on our business of the Kumamoto Earthquake #1
April 18, 2016
First and foremost, we offer our deepest sympathy for the affected by the Kumamoto Earthquake and condolences to those who have lost loved ones. Our hopes and prayers for swift recovery go out to all affected in the region.
OMRON Group established an emergency command center immediately following the initial shocks on the evening of April 14 in order to collect and relay information relative to our employees, suppliers and customers' concerns and the effect on our company's operations.
Regarding the latter, we wish to inform the following as of the evening of April 17.
- Regarding damage to our production facilities.
- OMRON RELAY & DEVICES Corporation at Yamaga
- At this time, we have no damage to our production facilities.
- Our current estimate is that such confirmation will be completed by April 18th.
- OMRON ASO Corporation at Aso City
- As there has been interruption of power and damage to nearby transportation infrastructure, we are currently assessing the impact on our production at this location.
- The schedule for resumption of production is under consideration. We will monitor the situation with first consideration being the safety and welfare of our employees.
- Other locations (offices, sales offices, etc.)
- At this time, there is no report of major damage to our facilities.
- As the conditions become clear, we will determine the appropriate time to resume production at each facility.
- Regarding our suppliers and supply chain:
- The condition and status of our entire supply chain is also being checked. This includes assessing the impact on any supplier who may have sustained critical damage.