OMRON Opens Its First Automation Center (ATC) in India
April 23, 2014
MUMBAI, India and KYOTO, Japan, Apr. 23
- Fifth in the World; State-of-the-art Facility for Customers to Help Them Make the Best of Their Investment in Industrial Automation -
After the successful launch of its four Automation Centers (ATCs) across the world, OMRON Automation, part of OMRON Corporation Japan - a global leader in automation technology - opened its fifth ATC in Mumbai, India, on April 22. The center, the first in India, was inaugurated by the company's key leaders from the industrial automation team from Japan, Singapore and India.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Yutaka Miyanaga, Senior Managing Officer, Company President of Industrial Automation Company, OMRON Corporation, Japan, said, "Believing in bringing innovation to manufacturing by automation to enrich the lives of people around the world, today OMRON is well-known for its quality products and application strength in the industrial automation segment globally. This initiative is a part of our 'Asia Hotspots' strategy - one of its important tasks is to consolidate our foothold in India which is indeed a highly promising market for OMRON Automation."
Based on the philosophy of "you create the concept, we will help you to make it work," the center aims to showcase OMRON's expertise in the 'sensing & control' technology so that the customers are able to test their new ideas, experience and understand how they can bring more improvements to their current manufacturing setup and can become more competitive in their respective fields in the industrial automation domain.
According to Mr. Takehito Maeda, MD, OMRON Asia Pacific Pte Ltd., Industrial Automation Business, "Driven by many positive factors such as boost in investments owing to rise in consumerism and the growth in the exports sector, India continues to be an important destination for OMRON Automation. The ATC is a step toward highlighting our solution centric approach and excellence in execution as a complete 'automation partner.' It shall play a very important role in strengthening our contribution toward India's manufacturing prowess and the society."
"In the industrial automation sector, it is extremely vital to provide a hands-on exposure to the associates so that they are able to actually believe and then achieve what they have not been able to do so far through their manufacturing establishments. We are confident of achieving relevant traction in many industries through this initiative such as Packaging, F&B, FMCG, Pharmaceuticals, Special Purpose Machines, Automotive and Textile by catering to the advanced requirements of the manufacturing segment like productivity, quality, efficiency and safety" said Mr. Sameer Gandhi, MD, OMRON Automation, India.
Highlights of the center:
- The center has on display OMRON's key portfolio of industrial automation range as well as the technical and application support capabilities through state-of-the-art actual demonstrations on machines and laboratories.
- The field of expertise includes SYSMAC Platform, Vision Inspection Solution, Robotics Solution and Machine Safety Solutions.
- The SYSMAC platform depicts a high speed & high accuracy fully integrated platform by three "Ones" - One Machine Controller, One Machine Network, One Machine Software.
- Delta Robot and the SCARA Robot together with Bottle Filling and VFFS (Vertical Form Fill Seal) machines are displayed in the machine demo area to explain the usage of SYSMAC to enhance a machine's performance by improving speed, accuracy, flexibility, reliability, speed and efficiency in all kind of industrial applications - primarily packaging and material handling.
- OMRON being one of the few unique players in the industry having vision sensing and automation technology together in its portfolio, the center also has a vision lab to allow testing of vision inspection functions by customers with all possible variations of lighting, lens & controllers.
- Another notable area in the center is the "Tsunagi Lab" which provides the complete integration experience of OMRON to OMRON and OMRON to third-party components so that the patrons are able to learn and handle the technologies which are in the scope of the total solution.
Spread over 3750 square feet, the facility hosts more than 10 experts as software, hardware and application specialists dedicated to the ATC.
About OMRON Corporation
As a leader in automation technology, OMRON's business covers a wide range of fields, including industrial, health/medical, social infrastructure, environmental, and other fields. Its products and services are offered in 110-plus countries and regions. Since its inception in 1933, OMRON has continuously pursued technological innovation.
Incepted in 1993, OMRON AUTOMATION INDIA caters to over eight industrial segment namely packaging, automotive, material handling, solar, food & beverages, textile and panel handling applications. The product portfolio includes Industrial components, Automation Systems, Sensing & Safety, Motion & Drivers and Software. Centering on the themes of quality, safety & the environment, it supports manufacturing innovation worldwide with unique sensing & controlling technologies. Of late, OMRON has been concentrating on the solution business which solves management problems on diverse production sites. It is rapidly expanding its operations with focus on major cities namely Mumbai, Gurgaon, Bangalore, Pune & Chennai. It is also making its presence felt across the other parts of India by appointing resident engineers to address the ever challenging requirements of the clients. A major factor in OMRON's progress globally & locally has been the strong commitment towards its customers keeping 'Quality First'.
- For more press information, please contact:
- Arihiro Yokota