OMRON Launches Type G9SX-ADA Flexible Safety Unit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASESeptember 30, 2005
Kyoto - OMRON Corporation (TSE: 6645; US:OMRNY) Industrial Automation Business Company(hereafter IAB), a global leader in automation, sensing and control technology, has announced it will launch type G9SX-ADA flexible safety unit on October 1st,2005. Flexible safety units ease development of safety circuits for machineries and equipments.
OMRON plans to sell 5,000 units in its first year. The price will be 49,000 Japanese Yen per unit.
Features of G9SX-ADA Flexible Safety Unit
- Easy to expand input/output points with logical connection function. Can be easily handled when design change for machines and improvement of infrastructure.
- Partial control and overall control possible Our original pulse signal between units enables easy configuration of AND logic only by wiring. This makes possible of partial control and overall control, which results in better productivity as well as safety.
- Adopting semiconductor output Saves running cost since safety relays will not be necessary even for machines with high frequency switching.
- Realize failure diagnosis with detailed LED display When detecting wiring failures and others, it displays where the failure exists, which will save time.
- Meets global safety standards It meets international standard IEC · EN61508(SIL3), Europe standard EN954-1 and US standard UL 508 · UL1998.
|Safety input||1ch or 2ch|
|Safety instantaneous output||2|
|Safety off-delayed output||2|
|Off-delay setting time||0 to 150 seconds|
|Logical connection input||2|
|Logical connection output||2|
|Response time||Under 15ms|
|Dimension||H100 x W35 x D115|
Headquartered in Kyoto, Japan, OMRON Corporation is a global leader in the field of automation. Established in 1933 and headed by President and CEO Hisao Sakuta, OMRON has more than 26,000 employees in over 35 countries working to provide products and services to customers in a variety of fields including industrial automation, electronic components, social systems (ticket gate machines, ticket vending machines, and traffic control), and healthcare. The company is divided into five regions and head offices are in Japan (Kyoto), Asia Pacific (Singapore), China (Shanghai), Europe (Amsterdam) and US (Chicago). For more information, visit OMRON’s website at www.omron.com
- For media related enquiries, please contact:
- OMRON Corporation
Corporate Brand Communications Department
Takayuki Nakamura (email@example.com )