Notice Regarding Interim and Year-end Dividend Forecast for Fiscal 2014 (ending March 31, 2015)
and Revision of Basic Dividend Policy
April 24, 2014
|Company Name:||OMRON Corporation|
President and CEO
|Stock exchanges:||Tokyo (First Section)|
Investor Relations Department
Tokyo, Japan - The Board of Directors of OMRON Corporation (TOKYO: 6645; ADR: OMRNY) today resolved to announce the interim and year-end dividend forecast for fiscal 2014 (ending March 31, 2015) and the revision of the Company's basic dividend policy.
OMRON's Basic Dividend Policy
* Revised section underlined below
OMRON views its dividend policy as one of its most important management issues, and applies the following basic policy in regard to distribution of profits to shareholders.
- In order to maximize corporate value over the long term, internal capital resources will be secured for measures that will increase corporate value. These measures include investments in R&D and capital investments, which are vital to future business expansion.
- After taking into consideration the required investments for future growth and the level of free cash flow, surplus will be distributed to the shareholders to the maximum extent possible.
- For dividends in each fiscal year, OMRON's policy is to enhance stable, uninterrupted profit distributions by taking into account consolidated results as well as indicators including dividends on equity (DOE), which is return on equity (ROE) multiplied by the payout ratio, although this is subject to the level of internal capital resources necessary. Specifically, OMRON will aim to maintain the payout ratio at a minimum of 25% in fiscal 2014 and to increase this ratio to 30% by fiscal 2016 for enhancing shareholder returns in the medium term. Also we will aim to make profit distributions with a near-term DOE target of 2%.
- Utilizing retained earnings that have been accumulated over a long period of time, OMRON intends to proactively repurchase and retire the Company's stock to benefit shareholders.
Term Dividend Per Share (JPY) 2nd quarter
Year-end Full-year Fiscal 2014 Forecast
(ending March 31, 2015)
27.00 36.00 63.00 Fiscal 2013 Actual
(ended March 31, 2014)