Date: Monday, March 1, 2021
Live streaming（in Japanese)
We began with a briefing on the outline of our corporate philosophy management.
This was followed by the main topic of the day, an overview of our initiatives on environment and climate change.
Approximately 225 persons attended.
The agenda was as follows:
- Presentations (65mins)
1. Corporate Philosophy Management and Sustainability/Sustainability and Environmental Initiatives Tsutomu Igaki
Senior General Manager, Global Investor & Brand Communications HQ
2. Energy Solutions Business Taisuke Tateishi
Executive Officer, Senior General Manager,
Energy SolutionsBusiness HQ, OMRON SOCIAL SOLUTIONS CO., LTD.
3. Climate Change Initiatives Yue Liu
Senior General Manager, Sustainability Office
- Q&A (30mins)
Date: Monday, February 17, 2020
Place: Otemachi Sankei Plaza, Tokyo
OMRON held its third FY2019 ESG Meeting. Presentations on the OMRON Principles, human capital initiatives, climate change initiatives, and corporate governance were made by the President and CEO, executive officers and other executives responsible for the various initiatives. Approximately 85 persons attended.
The agenda was as follows:
1. OMRON Principles and Sustainability Yoshihito Yamada, President and CEO 2. Human Capital Initiatives Masahiko Tomita, Managing Executive Officer, Senior General Manager, Global Human Resources and Administration HQ 3. Climate Change Initiatives Kashuku Hirao, Senior General Manager, Sustainability Office 4. Corporate Governance Yoshihito Yamada, President and CEO
Date: Friday, February 22, 2019
Place: Belle Salle Yaesu, Tokyo
OMRON disclosed sustainability actions based on the OMRON Principles. At this second ESG meeting, executive officers and persons in charge of our environmental business explained OMRON governance and environmental actions. Approximately 129 individuals attended the meeting.
The topics of the presentation were as follows:
- OMRON Sustainability Initiatives
- How OMRON practices the OMRON Principles in the management of our business
- Corporate Governance
- We have designed a hybrid governance structure incorporating the outstanding features of nominating committees to strengthen the oversight function of the board of directors.
- Outside directors play a major role in the CEO Selection Advisory Committee, ensuring transparency and objectivity in the CEO selection process.
- Our Corporate Governance Committee (consisting of only outside directors) evaluates the effectiveness of the OMRON board of directors.
- Environmental Action
- OMRON's Environmental target GREEN OMRON 2020, based on our long-term management plan, is evolving as the social environment changes.
- We set OMRON Carbon ZERO as a target, aiming to achieve zero GHG emissions by 2050.
- We will reduce GHG emissions through energy conservation based on our business expertise.
- Case examples (environmental actions through business activities):
- Actions for renewable energy adoption through environmental business
- Actions for regional revitalization, using renewable energy via SSB engineering departments
- Sustainability Initiatives
- The driving force and current status of sustainability actions involved in corporate management cycle, overseen by the OMRON board of directors
Date: Wednesday, December 27, 2017
Place: Sapia Tower, Tokyo
OMRON has OMRON Sustainability Goals set at each business division and functional division to support the divisions.
To mark the first ESG meeting, heads of human resources,
manufacturing and risk management introduced their sustainability efforts to 165 participants.
We asked the participants to vote for the SDGs for which they hold expectations for OMRON. The results are as follows:
SDG 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth 31 votes
SDG 3: Good Health and Well-Being 30 votes
SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure 27 votes
SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production 21 votes
SDG 17: Partnerships for the Goals 18 votes