A brighter future for the Earth
There is worldwide demand for the establishment of living conditions in which people can continue to live safely and in an environmentally responsible manner. Urban transport systems (including cars and railways) that are safe, comfortable, and stress-free are part of such requirements. Our aim is to realize zero accidents and zero traffic congestion. The soon-to-be-realized automated driving systems will also require technological innovation that provides safety, security, and comfort.
From the perspective of OMRON …
What OMRON can do for a future mobility society
Sensing & Control + Think
Incorporating human knowledge into machines to evolve
Sensors and controllers
that can think for themselves
Challenges OMRON has begun to address
- Safe, secure and comfortable mobility
- Offering advanced road traffic systems, including advanced driver-assistance systems, automotive sensors for automated driving systems, optimized signal control, etc.
- Environment-friendly mobility
- Offering products enabling fuel efficiency for gasoline-powered cars, and automotive electronic components for electric and hybrid vehicles
Value for people and the Earth that OMRON seeks to generate
Helping build a society in which people worldwide can live more safely, securely, and comfortably under cleaner conditions.
- Creation of driving safety support systems/technologies
- Creation of 360-degree around-the-vehicle recognition technology for advanced driver assistance/automated driving
- Number of vehicles equipped with eco-friendly products: 12 million/year (ratio of high fuel efficiency products; 50%)