For Us and for the Future of the Earth
A sustainable cycle of production and consumption is indispensable to the future of the planet. In every corner of the world, society demands manufacturing processes and consumer behavior that are safer, more secure, and better for the environment.
Start with OMRON
By adhering to our Manufacturing Policy, OMRON aims to ensure that product quality is top priority, that we make only the necessary items at the necessary times, and only in the necessary amounts, that we focus on humanity, and that we use limited resources carefully. We are committed to Green OMRON 2020, striving for sustainable manufacturing practices. We will expend ever effort to establish sustainable procurement practices with our supply partners.
- Perform product safety assessment for 100% of newly developed products
- Upgrade of product safety assessments
- Implement sustainability self-check for 100% of important suppliers, Achieve score of 85 points or higher
- Achieve four percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions (vs. fiscal 2016 SBT conformity)
- Reduce mercury through prevalence of digital blood pressure monitors/thermometers: 69 tons/yearand more