OMRON Completes Investment in Kirin Techno-System

  • April 3, 2023

OMRON Corporation (HQ: Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto; President and CEO: Junta Tsujinaga; hereinafter, 窶廾MRON窶) announced today that it completed its investment in Kirin Techno-System Company, Limited (Headquarters: Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki; President: Hironobu Hosokawa; hereinafter, 窶廳TS窶) on April 3, 2023. With this, OMRON now owns 60% of KTS窶冱 outstanding shares, with Kirin Brewery Company, Limited (Headquarters: Nakano-ku, Tokyo; President and CEO: Hideki Horiguchi; hereinafter, 窶廳irin Brewery窶) holding the remaining 40%.

This investment decision will allow OMRON to develop solutions for 窶廴anufacturing DX (Digital Transformation)窶 utilizing inspection data jointly with KTS in an effort to contribute to the further development of the food and beverage industry. In more concrete terms, OMRON and KTS will co-create new value (solutions) by combining OMRON窶冱 advanced control technology with KTS窶冱 inspection technology. The two aim to pave the way to a new dimension of manufacturing where operators feel safe and secure, by, for example, identifying the causes of defects from inspection data and subsequently taking action to realize manufacturing sites free from in-process defects. By extending the solutions thus created to customers in the beverage industry across the globe, OMRON and KTS hope to help improve the quality of the entire food and beverage industry to facilitate their production innovations, while working together to conserve the global environment through the reduction of the number of defective products in an attempt to further enhance corporate value.

OMRON Invests in Kirin Techno-System, a Comprehensive Manufacturer of Inspection Machines | OMRON Global

About OMRON Corporation
OMRON Corporation is a leading automation company with its core competencies in Sensing & Control + Think technology, and is engaged in a wide range of businesses including industrial automation, healthcare, social systems, and device & module solutions. Established in 1933, OMRON has about 30,000 employees worldwide, working to provide products and services in around 120 countries and regions. For more information, please visit

Media Contact:
OMRON Corporation
Brand Communications Department
Marketing Communications Group
Tel: +81-75-344-7175
Contact about our business/product
OMRON Corporation
Industrial Automation Company
Strategy Planning Division HQ
Tel: +81-75-344-7039

Adobe Acrobat Reader is free software that lets you view and print Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files.