Purchasing & Procurement Policies
To improve lives and contribute to a better society
OMRON group fulfills social responsibility by promoting comprehensive global Sustainable Procurement including environment as well as compliance with laws and regulations. We also realize valuable products and services and aim for improving customer satisfactions by always procuring best "Items and Services" in whole QCDS (Quality, Cost, Delivery and Service)
To realize it, we established a group purchasing policy which consists of "Basic Policy" "Management Policy" and "Supplier Code of Conduct" when implementing purchasing activity.
We will contribute to realize a sustainable society through supply chain by integrally innovating with suppliers.
- OPEN: Procurement based on an "open" policy and principle of free competition
- Provided they share the same philosophy, we are willing to provide any supplier, regardless of nationality, company size, previous business relationship or lack thereof, and any other status with an opportunity to join us based on the principles of free competition. Positive and excellent suggestions and presentations are welcome.
- FAIR: Importance on partnerships that are based on fairness and equality.
- In procuring component materials and services, we will select suppliers in a fair manner by not only taking into consideration product quality, price, delivery period, environmental conservation, technologies and healthy business management, but also by adding such items as compliance with laws, ordinances, and social standards.
- GLOBAL: Reliable global partners
- From an international perspective, we will procure outstanding materials, parts and services from sources all over the world, in the optimal regions.
- ECOLOGY: Procurement activities that contribute to reducing adverse impact on the global environment.
- We will actively use materials and parts that do not contain hazardous chemical substances, and promote "green" procurement that contributes to reducing any adverse impact on the environment.
- COMPLIANCE: Strict compliance of applicable laws, regulations and social standards by maintaining a high level of morality.
- we will strictly observe laws, ordinances and social standards related to procurement and purchasing, and build partnerships with our suppliers. Moreover, we will appropriately manage and protect suppliers' confidential and personal information which we had obtained through our purchasing and procurement activities.
Supplier Code of Conduct
This is a summary of behavioral and activity standards that we would like our suppliers to practice and comply with.
Please refer to the "OMRON Group Sustainable Procurement Guidelines" for details.
The guidelines summarize group purchasing & procurement policies such as "basic policy," "management policy," and "supplier code of conduct" in a single booklet.
Requests to Suppliers
In order for OMRON to fulfill its corporate social responsibility in creating products that are trusted by customers, the cooperation of our suppliers is indispensable.
Please make an effort to realize the following items so that a good business relationship can be built for both parties.
- (1) Compliance with laws, regulations, and social norms
- We ask you to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and social norms of the country and area in which you are conducting your business activities.
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- Prohibition of child labor and forced labor
- Prohibition of unfair dealings such as bribery
- Prohibition of discrimination in recruitment and employment
- Development of a good labor environment
- (2) Assurance of the best quality
- We request that you develop, maintain and improve your quality assurance system so as to allow a stable supply of parts and materials satisfying the OMRON Group's quality requirements.
- (3) Best pricing for parts and materials
- We request that you supply parts and materials at competitive prices and promote the continuous reduction of prices.
- (4) Stable supply of parts and materials
- We request that you establish a part supply system in line with the OMRON Group's innovations for a reliable supply of parts and materials.
- (5) Consideration of the environment
- In order to supply products covered by environmental certification to customers, it is essential that you our suppliers develop environmental conservation systems in conformity with ISO14001, and understand and reduce the use ofhazardous chemical substances that may be contained in parts and materials supplied to us.
We request that you conduct activities in compliance with the OMRON Group's "Green Procurement Standard."
- (6) Technical capabilities
- We request that you further enhance your technical capabilities so that you are able to proactively make technical propositions and recommendations to us from the first stage of product development by utilizing your technical expertise and know-how.
- (7) Request for non-use of conflict minerals
- We request that your companies avoid the use of conflict minerals (tin, tantalum, tungsten, or gold) mined in the Democratic Republic of Congo and its neighboring countries as raw materials for your products.
- 8) Sound business operation
- We request that you promote sound and reliable operation of the company for establishing continuous business relations as a good partner with us. To this purpose, we would like to ask you to disclose information on your business and financial conditions.
- (9) Thorough information management
- We ask you to take appropriate measures to manage and protect classified information and individual information to which you have access through business activities with the OMRON Group.
OMRON's policy expresses our spirit to contribute to progress and development of humanity and society through our highly satisfactory products and social actions. We welcome suppliers who can cooperate with us in producing more reliable products.
If you are interested in our business, we kindly ask you to contact us by inquiries form.
Technical questions on products are not accepted here.