Bring innovation to manufacturing by automation,
to enrich lives of people all over the world.
People’s needs are diversified more and more in the world and product life cycles become shorter and shorter. To accommodate these modern trends, manufacturing sites must be agile, with the ability to change or update a production line at short lead-time. At OMRON, we are developing innovation in automation through solving various manufacturer’s issues to materialize our vision.
"innovative-Automation" represents OMRON's vision of a revitalized manufacturing industry.
“innovative-Automation” It’s a keyword for OMRON to develop future manufacturing together with customers. The future manufacturing that OMRON pursues can be indicated by three “i’s” of automation: that is, integrated, intelligent and interactive automation as follows.
- “integrated automation” - Evolution in control
- By taking advantage of industry top level wide product lineup, OMRON continues to take initiatives to enhance productivity of manufacturers by pursuing high-speed and high-precision machine controls.
- “intelligent automation” - Intelligence development
- OMRON utilizes factory data to its full potential and is learning from the integration of well-cultivated control techniques and pioneering AI and IoT to make the evolution of our machines and production lines a reality. We also apply AI and IoT to transform the experience, craftsmanship and other tacit knowledge of our seasoned engineers into explicit knowledge, with the goal of complete elimination of factory shutdowns and defects in mind.
- “interactive automation” - New harmonization between humans and machines
- OMRON’s company philosophy, “machines should take care of machine work, and humans should enjoy the creative parts,” is put into practice in our manufacturing branches as well. We’re working towards a future of integrated manufacturing by making the best use of the strengths of machines, robots, and people to form a complete collaborative team.
Sales for IAB business
396,1billion yen (as of March 2018)
Product more than
Product & Services
OMRON`s wide product lineup can be seamlessly integrated on both the software and hardware level allowing production facilities to easily realize innovative manufacturing systems with ultra-fast control systems and ultra-high precision.
OMRON's wide product lineup can be seamlessly integrated on both the software and hardware level allowing production facilities to easily realize innovative manufacturing systems with ultra- fast control systems and ultra-high precision.
OMRON provides Basic Switches that operate when objects reach specific locations and Pushbutton Switches operated by people.
Safety Components are required for safety countermeasures in equipment and facilities. They are used for shut-out detection of mechanical guards, checking intrusion into hazardous areas, and building safety circuits.
Relays are devices making or breaking electric circuits by their output section driven by operational signal, which is triggered by electric input signal controlled by switching devices.
Control Components provide ideal control at production site through Counters, Cam Positioners, Timers, Timer Switches, Digital Temperature Controllers, and other input, control, and output components.
Automation Systems include Programmable Controllers that support machine control, and Network/ Software products to support easy information exchange with host systems.
Servo motors and inverters ideal for positioning, speed and torque controls in various business machine control fields.
Robot arms, robot controllers, and vision systems for flexible production lines.
OMRON provides Power Supplies, Protective Components, Wiring Systems, Sockets, DIN Rails, and other components required on manufacturing sites.
Energy conservation support/ Environment measure equipment
Electric power monitoring equipment for energy conservation support, sensing and control equipment for an environment sensing in the clean room.