Product security policy
Basic policy on product security
OMRON will strive to supply secure products and services for customer’s safety and security.
For this purpose, OMRON group will conduct product security activities to implement security measures against cyberattacks.
Product security activity system
OMRON has established a system in OMRON headquarters and our business divisions to promote product security activities.
Regarding vulnerability response for products and services, OMRON headquarters and our business divisions will establish and operate a PSIRT (Product Security Incident Response Team).
Product security activities
- (1)Provision of secure products and services
- OMRON will conduct activities during the lifecycle (planning, development, operation/ maintenance, and disposal) to implement security measures against cyberattacks.
- (2)Vulnerability response regarding the products and services
- OMRON will extensively collect information on vulnerabilities regarding our products and/or services, and promptly take countermeasures in response to discovered vulnerabilities.
- (3)Security incident response for the products and services
- In case of a security incident by a cyberattack to any of our products or services, OMRON will promptly organize a system to manage it and strive to make reports necessary to both inside and outside the company, disclose related information, investigate its causes, and prevent a recurrence.
- (4)Provision of security information regarding the products and services
- During a vulnerability response or security incident response, OMRON will provide information to our customers as needed in cooperation with government agencies.
- Regarding information disclosure, OMRON will announce the vulnerability information and the countermeasures against the vulnerability on our website or through JVN(Japan Vulnerability Notes). OMRON may contact a specific customer directly through our sales department if OMRON determines that the vulnerability affects that customer.