OMRON MALAYSIA SDN BHD
|Company name||OMRON MALAYSIA SDN BHD|
|Location||Lot 15 , Jalan SS 8/5 Sungei Way Free Industrial Zone , 47300 Petaling Jaya , Selangor , Malaysia|
|Name and position of company representative||Norzri Elias, Technical Vice Divison Manager|
|Total number of employees||797persons (as of the end of March 2010)|
|Number of full-time employees||797persons (as of the end of March 2010)|
|Manufacturing of Relays ,Parts and Die|
Total floor space46,200m²
Site Environmental Policy
We, Omron Malaysia, which is being the manufacturer of relays, sockets and parts thereof, one of the pioneers in this Sungei Way Free Industrial Zone, are committed to take the initiative in environmental protection and strive to make continuous improvement in our efforts:
- To comply with all applicable environmental laws & regulations and other requirements to which the organization pursues.
- At source, to prevent pollution, minimize waste, reduce the consumption of resources, promote energy saving and use environmental friendly material.
- To substitute material with consideration to reduce environmental load.
- To periodically review the environmental objectives and targets with an aim to improve our environmental performance continuously.
- To promote environmental awareness to all levels of the organization through training, media of communication and awareness programme.
ISO14001 certification status
|Certification number||ER 140|
|Name of certifying institution||SIRIM QAS International Sdn Bhd|
|Initial certification date||1998.12.18|
Environmental activity targets and actual results
|Activity theme||FY2009 target||FY2009 results||FY2010 target|
|Saving energy (electricity, fuels, gas)||21133924kWh||18081112kWh||20884085kWh|
|Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions other than CO2||8284.5t-CO2||7087.8t-CO2||8186.5t-CO2|
|Waste recycling||42.7 ton/100MJPY||37.8 ton/100MJPY||35.4 ton/100MJPY|
|Saving (OA paper resources)||4061.5 kg||3033.5 kg||4368 kg|
Environmental training for employees
|Type of training
(e.g., general employee or management-level training at EMS)
|Number of trainees|
|1) New employee training||424persons|
|2) General employee training||65persons|
|3) Manager training||23persons|
|4) Specialized training for competence (e.g., handling chemicals and other substances, training for environmental facility and equipment-handling employees)||Nil|
|5) Internal environment auditor training (No. of new auditor trainees)||15persons|
|6) Environmental impact assessor training (No. of new auditor trainees)|
|7) Product environmental assessment reviewer training (No. of new auditor trainees)|
Amount of waste discharged, amount of resources actually recycled, and final amount of disposed waste
Water used / Waste water discharge
Amount of paper used
- Department name:
- Quality Assurance