Notice Concerning the impact on our business of the Kumamoto Earthquake #7
April 25, 2016
First and foremost, we offer our deepest sympathy for the affected by the Kumamoto Earthquake and condolences to those who have lost loved ones. Our hopes and prayers for swift recovery go out to all affected in the region.
OMRON Group established an emergency command center immediately following the initial shocks on the evening of April 14 in order to collect and relay information relative to our employees, suppliers and customers' concerns and the effect on our company's operations.
Regarding the latter, we wish to inform the following as of April 25 at 15:00.
- Regarding damage to our production facilities.
- OMRON RELAY & DEVICES Corporation at Yamaga:
- We have no damage to our production facilities.
- During the 18th after confirming output quality, we resumed some production.
As of the 20th, we resumed normal production.
- OMRON ASO Corporation at Aso City
- The condition of the power supply and nearby transportation infrastructure has improved and we finished inspection of output quality on the 20th.
- We have resumed production from this morning, April 25.
- Other locations (offices, sales offices, etc.)
- We are resuming operation, while continuing to assure safe working conditions for our employees.
- Regarding our suppliers and supply chain:
- The condition and status of our entire supply chain also continues being checked including the assessment of any suppliers who may have stopped. We will make future announcements if such supplier condition will affect our operation.