Requests to Suppliers
It is essential for OMRON to have your cooperation as suppliers so that OMRON manufactures reliable products for customers and fulfills its social responsibility as a corporate entity.
This letter is to request you our suppliers to observe the Supplier Code of Conduct so that we may achieve these goals.
In addition, in order to build a good relationship for both of us, please try to follow the following request.
- (1) Compliance with laws, regulations, and social norms
- We ask you to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and social norms of the country and area in which you are conducting your business activities.
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- Prohibition of child labor and forced labor
- Prohibition of unfair dealings such as bribery
- Prohibition of discrimination in recruitment and employment
- Development of a good labor environment
- (2) Assurance of the best quality
- We request that you develop, maintain and improve your quality assurance system so as to allow a stable supply of parts and materials satisfying the OMRON Group's quality requirements.
- (3) Best pricing for parts and materials
- We request that you supply parts and materials at competitive prices and promote the continuous reduction of prices.
- (4) Stable supply of parts and materials
- We request that you establish a part supply system in line with the OMRON Group's innovations for a reliable supply of parts and materials.
- (5) Consideration of the environment
- In order to supply products covered by environmental certification to customers, it is essential that you our suppliers develop environmental conservation systems in conformity with ISO14001, and understand and reduce the use ofhazardous chemical substances that may be contained in parts and materials supplied to us.
We request that you conduct activities in compliance with the OMRON Group's "Green Procurement Standard."
- (6) Technical capabilities
- We request that you further enhance your technical capabilities so that you are able to proactively make technical propositions and recommendations to us from the first stage of product development by utilizing your technical expertise and know-how.
- (7) Request for non-use of conflict minerals
- We request that your companies avoid the use of conflict minerals (tin, tantalum, tungsten, or gold) mined in the Democratic Republic of Congo and its neighboring countries as raw materials for your products.
- 8) Sound business operation
- We request that you promote sound and reliable operation of the company for establishing continuous business relations as a good partner with us. To this purpose, we would like to ask you to disclose information on your business and financial conditions.
- (9) Thorough information management
- We ask you to take appropriate measures to manage and protect classified information and individual information to which you have access through business activities with the OMRON Group.