OMRON Announces Projected Financial Results for Fiscal 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEJune 6, 2011
|Company Name:||OMRON Corporation|
President & CEO
|Stock ticker No.:||6645|
|Stock Exchanges:||Tokyo and Osaka
Senior General Manager,
Global Strategy HQ
Kyoto, Japan - OMRON Corporation (TOKYO: 6645; ADR: OMRNY) today announced projected financial results for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2012. The projected financial results for the full fiscal year were not included in the "Summary of Consolidated Financial Results for the Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2011 (US GAAP)," released on April 27, 2011. The projected results are as follows:
- Projected Cumulative Consolidated Results for First 2 Quarters of Fiscal 2011 (April 1, 2011 to September 30, 2011)
(Millions of yen - except per share data and percentages) Previous results projection (A) Newly announced results projection (B) Change (B)-(A) Change (%) Reference: Actual results for April 1 to Sept 30, 2010 Net sales - 309,500 - - 297,905 Operating income - 24,500 - - 24,444 Income before income taxes - 24,000 - - 23,517 Net income attributable to shareholders - 15,000 - - 14,990 Net income per share attributable to shareholders (JPY) - 68.15 68.09
- Projected Consolidated Results for Full Fiscal Year Ending March 31, 2012 (April 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012)
(Millions of yen - except per share data and percentages) Previous results projection (A) Newly announced results projection (B) Change (B)-(A) Change (%) Reference: Actual results for full fiscal year ending March 31, 2011 Net sales - 655,000 - - 617,825 Operating income - 55,000 - - 48,037 Income before income taxes - 53,500 - - 41,693 Net income attributable to shareholders - 34,000 - - 26,782 Net income per share attributable to shareholders (JPY) - 154.48 121.66
- Reasoning behind the Projections
While the effects of the Great East Japan Earthquake, including the resulting power supply shortages and the slow post-disaster recovery of component manufacturers will continue to pose risks, we are now better able to assess general conditions for the reasons outlined below, and have therefore moved to announce our projections.
- The disaster has had no effect on OMRON Group factories and production facilities.
- We have currently secured sufficient inventories of components at OMRON facilities and at the facilities of our suppliers, and our domestic and overseas factories are operating at close to normal levels.
- The pace at which our component suppliers were recovering from the disaster had been unclear but they are now making progress.
- We now have a clear picture of certain areas of customer demand that previously had been difficult to ascertain.
- Prospects for this year
In markets related to OMRON Group, some industries are expected to see reductions in demand during the first half of FY2011 due to the effects of the Great East Japan Earthquake, however, overall we expect that sales will be strong due to forecasted solid increases in capital investment demand in overseas markets and an increase in post-disaster recovery-related demand in the Japanese market.
In light of these expectations, OMRON Group's results for the first 2 quarters of fiscal 2011 and the consolidated results for the full 2011 fiscal year are forecasted to be as is indicated above.
Note: The above projections are based on information available to the Company at the time of writing. Various factors could cause actual results to differ materially from these projections.
Projected Consolidated Sales Results by Business Segment
|Actual Results for 2010 Fiscal Year||Projected Results for 2011 Fiscal Year||YoY Change|
Average Exchange Rates for FY2010 and FY2011
|Actual Rate for 2010 Fiscal Year||Projected Rate for 2011 Fiscal Year||YoY Change|