Change Text Size
Updated Aug. 31, 2012
This web page provides an excerpt from a datasheet. Refer to Datasheet and other applicable documents for more information.
|Type||Appearance||No. of contacts||Model|
|D-sub Connector Assembly
Hood with ESD protection
|Ambient operating temperature||- 25 to 85℃|
|Grounding plate||Phosphor bronze/1.5-μm nickel plating|
|Jackscrew||Fiber-glass reinforced polyamide (UL94V-0)/black|
D-sub Connector Assembly Hood with ESD Protection
To ground, create copper foil around the Connector Attachment hole on the board, assemble the Connector and Grounding Fixtures, and dip in solder as shown below.
Tap Hole Grounding Fixtures
Insert the Connector into the PCB, tighten the screws, and then dip-solder the Connector terminals to the board.
Lock Pin Grounding Fixtures
Insert the connector into the PCB and then simultaneously dip-solder the Connector terminals and lock pin to the board.
• To attach the cord to the Connector, use Anchor 1 and secure it as shown below.
• To attach the cord to a panel, drill an M3 hole in the panel and secure the cord to it with an M3 screw. If the cord is not required, cut it off. Use commercially available M3 screw.
Use the following torques when tightening cable clamp to hoods.
Refer to the following diagram when soldering shielded cable to the Connector when using a Hood.
1. Fold the unravelled braided shield back over the cable bushing.
2. Wrap tape around the folded shield.
• When connecting the braided cable shield to a Connector Hood, use the cable clamp to clamp all the braids at once through the shielded tape.
• Mate the lock screw washer and spring washer outside the Connector when assembling the Hood.
• Keep the shell flange of the Connector as far away from the metal panel as possible to maximize the shield effect with a Connector mounted to the panel.
• The ground wire for the Connector will fall into the shell (external metal covering) with Solder-cup Terminals, so connect the ground wire to the panel or to ground on the board.
• Grasp the Connector or the Hood Cover when inserting and removing the Connector. Never try to remove the Connector by pulling the cable.
Automated Soldering Conditions
(Jet Flow) (XM3B, XM3C, and XM3F)
1. Soldering temperature: 250 ±5°C
2. Continuous soldering time: Within 5 s