Purchasing & Procurement
To improve lives and contribute to a better society
OMRON group fulfills social responsibility by promoting comprehensive global CSR procurements including environment as well as compliance with laws and regulations. We also realize valuable products and services and aim for improving customer satisfactions by always procuring best "Items and Services" in whole QCDS (Quality, Cost, Delivery and Service)
To realize it, we established a group purchasing policy which consists of "Basic Policy" "Management Policy" and "Supplier Code of Conduct" when implementing purchasing activity.
We will realize CSR procurement through supply chain by integrally innovating with suppliers.
- OPEN: Our procurement is based on an "open" policy and the principles of free competition.
- Provided they share the same philosophy, we are willing to provide any supplier, regardless of nationality, company size, previous business relationship or lack thereof, and any other status with an opportunity to join us based on the principles of free competition. Positive and excellent suggestions and presentations are welcome.
- FAIR: We place importance on partnership based on fairness and equality.
- In procuring component materials and services, we will select suppliers in a fair manner by not only taking into consideration product quality, price, delivery period, environmental conservation, technologies and healthy business management, but also by adding such items as compliance with laws, ordinances, and social standards.
- GLOBAL: We seek good international partners.
- From an international perspective, we will procure outstanding materials, parts and services from sources all over the world, in the optimal regions.
- ECOLOGY: We carry out procurement activities that contribute to reducing adverse impact on the global environment.
- We will actively use materials and parts that do not contain hazardous chemical substances, and promote "green" procurement that contributes to reducing any adverse impact on the environment.
- COMPLIANCE: We strictly comply with laws, ordinances, and social standards by maintaining a high level of morality.
- we will strictly observe laws, ordinances and social standards related to procurement and purchasing, and build partnerships with our suppliers. Moreover, we will appropriately manage and protect suppliers' confidential and personal information which we had obtained through our purchasing and procurement activities.
OMRON Group CSR Procurement Guideline
We made "OMRON Group CSR Procurement Guideline" which combined a group purchasing policy including "Basic policy" "Management Policy" and "Supplier Code of Conduct".
*As the OMRON Principles was renewed in May/2015, CSR Procurement guideline was also renewed in Jul/2015
*Revised on 7/Aug/2015
OMRON's policy expresses our spirit to contribute to progress and development of humanity and society through our highly satisfactory products and social actions.
We welcome suppliers who can cooperate with us in producing more reliable products.
If you are interested in our business, we kindly ask you to contact us with an e-mail address below.
Technical questions on products are not accepted with this address.